When it comes to network security, it is easy for small to medium sized businesses to say “not me”, “they are only after the big guys.” The reality is that attacks on all networks have been increasing year after year as hackers have become more sophisticated, and small businesses are being affected every day by relaxed or non-existent security policies.
There are a number of ways CETech helps to ensure that you protect the company you worked so hard to build:
- Phish Testing - Simulated phish email your employees, know how they will react given a circumstance. Continually spot check and monitor for employees who may fall prey to a suspicious email.
- End User training - Continually train your employees so they know what to look for. Track training progress. Stay up to date on cybercrime trends in the industry. Lunch and learn onsite and web training sessions are available.
- Dark Web Monitoring - Get alerted right away if one of your company passwords has been exposed on the Dark Web!
- Yearly Security Assessments - Identify Personally Identifiable Information (PII), conduct a threat analysis, ensure you have company policies such as: Acceptable use, BYOB (bring your own device), Security incident response, access control.
- Password Management - Enforce strong passwords, password age and length. Implement a password management tool for your company.
- Two Factor Authentication - The #1 greatest protection against stolen or hacked passwords. End users require a user account, password and a random number on their phone to enter the application. MSO365 and Google Apps include this!
- Backup With Continuity - Run your server from the cloud within minutes should it become compromised or fail. Includes nightly crypto-locker scanning. Onsite backups, offsite backups. MSO365 and Google Backups.
- "ADVANCED" Antivirus/Antispam - Most people know that antivirus and antispam software are necessary components of network security, but many people don’t realize why it's so important until their computer or network is infected with a virus, malware, spyware, or a host of other potentially dangerous issues. Additionally, conventional antivirus is no longer adequate, Advanced Antivirus includes machine learning technology that looks for symptoms of a virus - such as multiple files becoming encrypted. Additionally "Advance Antivirus" gives us the ability to 'roll back' a virus, catch zero day viruses, and has the ability to perform forensics on the activity of the virus. Forensic examples include: which other computers may be impacted or if the virus contacted any external databases or websites.
- UTM (Unified Threat Management) Router - Protects against users clicking the bad links, Keeps employees from obtaining access to non professional websites, Scans downloads for viruses, blocks access from other countries to your business. Provides 'Umbrella' protection for your company and all assets that use the network/internet.
- System Updates - Microsoft Updates, Java, .net, Acrobat - Keeping computers and network equipment updated is one of the most effective steps to preventing a possible network security issue. AND, be sure you can report on patching status, patching doesn’t always get applied automatically like advertised!
- Data Encryption - If your data is not encrypted, if your laptop is stolen the criminal can get to all of your files even if you had a logon password. Protects against lost or stolen laptops, desktops, cell phones, tablets. Have the ability to remote locate or wipe the device.
- CyberSecurity Insurance - The last defence! As awesome as we are at protecting our customers we can not prevent just one employee from clicking on the wrong attachment, web link or phishing email. Should your company be compromised you NEED the support and financial backing of a good insurance policy. If you are not sure you have this, please dont hesitate to contact us and we will get you to the right people.
No matter the size of your business, network security is a definite requirement for every business in the digital age. If you are worried or unsure of where to start with an internal security audit, our team can help get you on track.